Please Note

I am not a medical professional. I do not have any medical training. I am the mother of a little girl who has been diagnosed with Aniridia, Wilms Tumor, and Kidney Failure. I am writing about my experiences. I am not always going to be accurate with details, but I try to be as accurate as possible. Please do not use this information to diagnose or treat yourself or anyone else. Please consult with a trained medical professional for any treatment or diagnosis.

Search This Blog

Friday, January 27, 2012

Piper's Story - The Quick Version and the Duke Radiothon



I added a link to the top of the page called "Piper's Story - The Quick Version".  I know that a lot of people want to know Piper's story, but they don't want to read through every blog entry for the past 2 years....  so, I wrote a summary of her story.  This is also the summary that I shared with Duke for the Duke Children's Radiothon.

Mix 101.5 (WRAL-FM) will be at Duke Children's Hospital & Health Center on February 14-15, 2012.  For the past 17 years, Mix 101.5 has shared the stories of children and families that have been helped by Duke Children's.  Their goal is to raise money to provide games, toys, crafts, meals, etc. for the kids and their families.  These "seemingly" small things make a huge difference in the day for a child that has to be stuck sitting all day for treatments.  There aren't any fun treatments, but these gifts help bring a lot of smiles!  Please consider listening to the radiothon and/or making a donation to help these children and their families. 

Duke Children's Hospital & Health Center Radiothon

Read some of the patient stories.

Mix 101.5 Radiothon for Duke Children's Hospital on Facebook