Please Note

I am not a medical professional. I do not have any medical training. I am the mother of a little girl who has been diagnosed with Aniridia, Wilms Tumor, and Kidney Failure. I am writing about my experiences. I am not always going to be accurate with details, but I try to be as accurate as possible. Please do not use this information to diagnose or treat yourself or anyone else. Please consult with a trained medical professional for any treatment or diagnosis.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

UNC's Response

We finally received the call from UNC. They have agreed to list her as "inactive" on the transplant waiting list. They will not approve her for surgery at this time. They want to re-evaluate in 3 months... They're stalling... This is not the news we wanted. I have a feeling that she isn't supposed to be at UNC. Please God tell us where to take her.

Waiting Stinks...

On Monday, October 1st at 3pm, there was a meeting scheduled for Piper's transplant team (doctors, surgeons, ...) to review her case.  They were supposed to decide if she could be cleared for surgery or not.  No one has called to tell us anything.  I called and left a message this morning with her transplant coordinator, but no response yet. 

We also still haven't received approval for me to donate yet.  The doctors are requiring another visit for me before they will review my case again.  I have an appointment next Tuesday afternoon to see the nephrologist. 

So, we wait....  and wait ... and wait.... and wait....

Prayers for patience and God's hand to guide the staff at UNC would be much appreciated!  I'll post again when I hear something.