Please Note

I am not a medical professional. I do not have any medical training. I am the mother of a little girl who has been diagnosed with Aniridia, Wilms Tumor, and Kidney Failure. I am writing about my experiences. I am not always going to be accurate with details, but I try to be as accurate as possible. Please do not use this information to diagnose or treat yourself or anyone else. Please consult with a trained medical professional for any treatment or diagnosis.

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Returning To Duke

Yesterday Piper had an appointment with Duke nephrology.  This was her first visit since transferring her nephrology care back to Duke.  Things went well.  It was really just a review of her current prescriptions and treatment.  Oh, and lots of labs.  She always does so well with having her blood drawn, though.

Over the next month or so, we need to start the process of transferring her to a new transplant facility.  Our insurance will not cover her transplant at Duke, so we're considering going to Charlotte, NC for surgery.  Piper will also need to have her adenoids removed sometime soon.  That will happen at Duke.  We have to get that on the schedule yet.

Hopefully we'll know more soon!