Please Note

I am not a medical professional. I do not have any medical training. I am the mother of a little girl who has been diagnosed with Aniridia, Wilms Tumor, and Kidney Failure. I am writing about my experiences. I am not always going to be accurate with details, but I try to be as accurate as possible. Please do not use this information to diagnose or treat yourself or anyone else. Please consult with a trained medical professional for any treatment or diagnosis.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Its quiet time and all is (kind of) well...

The 5th floor at Duke observes quiet time each day from 1-3pm. Try to tell that to a 13 month old, though.   The lights are all out. It's quiet and peaceful, and she is sitting in her bed clapping her hands and throwing toys and pacifiers at me.

Unfortunately her counts came back lower today than they were yesterday, so we are still here. We don't really know when we will get to go home. We just have to sit here, entertain ourselves, and wait. We pray a lot. We play all sorts of variations of peek-a-boo, and we go for walks around the hospital when we are really bored.

Today we are waiting for a visit from Emma and Papa Bell!  Piper gets really excited when Emma comes to visit. Tomorrow we are scheduled for a CT to see how much progress Piper has made since she started chemo. We are praying for some good news to come our way.

Thanks to everyone for the continued prayers.