Please Note

I am not a medical professional. I do not have any medical training. I am the mother of a little girl who has been diagnosed with Aniridia, Wilms Tumor, and Kidney Failure. I am writing about my experiences. I am not always going to be accurate with details, but I try to be as accurate as possible. Please do not use this information to diagnose or treat yourself or anyone else. Please consult with a trained medical professional for any treatment or diagnosis.

Search This Blog

Monday, April 25, 2011

Platelets

We called the Dr. this morning about Piper.  She had a lot of bruises all over her from head to toe, literally!  We had to go in to clinic today at Duke.  They drew labs, and her platelets were very low!  We could tell without the labs, but we had to verify anyway.  Healthy platelet levels should be 150+...  Piper's were 5.  So... she got some new platelets!  We went to the day hospital, and she received a transfusion.  It didn't take long.

Tomorrow we go back to clinic for our regular weekly appointment.  She has another round of chemo tomorrow.  Hopefully her blood counts will start to go up again!