Please Note

I am not a medical professional. I do not have any medical training. I am the mother of a little girl who has been diagnosed with Aniridia, Wilms Tumor, and Kidney Failure. I am writing about my experiences. I am not always going to be accurate with details, but I try to be as accurate as possible. Please do not use this information to diagnose or treat yourself or anyone else. Please consult with a trained medical professional for any treatment or diagnosis.

Search This Blog

Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 10

It was another good day for Piper.  She sat upright in a high chair for the first time since surgery.  She ate yogurt, and she played with rice krispies.  She had another ultrasound today.  It showed increased flow in all 3 poles of her kidney.  She will continue to have ultrasounds every other day.  She will have dialysis again tomorrow.  She will probably continue with that every other day as well.  She is in a lot of pain now because of gas and pressure in her tummy.  They are giving her mylicon, and they are venting her feed tube, but it's still not helping.  She hasn't been sleeping well because of it.  Please pray for comfort and continued healing for Piper.

Some good news is that she has been smiling a bit more, and she laughed a few times today.  Her personality is starting to shine through.