Please Note

I am not a medical professional. I do not have any medical training. I am the mother of a little girl who has been diagnosed with Aniridia, Wilms Tumor, and Kidney Failure. I am writing about my experiences. I am not always going to be accurate with details, but I try to be as accurate as possible. Please do not use this information to diagnose or treat yourself or anyone else. Please consult with a trained medical professional for any treatment or diagnosis.

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Getting Better Every Day

For those of you who read my previous post, I apologize if it came across as rude.  I was just feeling very frustrated.  I care very much about all of the kids on 5100, and I pray that God will bring healing and comfort to each of them.  I just want us to have the space for Piper to safely receive dialysis treatments.

Anyway, it was a good day.  Dialysis showed up very early this morning.  Three and a half hours later, they were finally finished.  Piper's blood counts were down today so she needed another transfusion.  I thank God that so many people donate blood.  It really does make a difference!  If you have donated blood in the past, Thank You!  She did not eat that well today.  She can't drink much either.  We have to really watch her fluid intake.  We can't allow her to get too much because her body can't get rid of it.

I gave her a nice (sponge) bath tonight.  Our night nurse even got her a new crib with quieter side rails.  If you have any experience with hospital cribs, you will understand just how much of a blessing that was!

In spite of everything that our family is going through, we have a lot to praise God for.  We thank Him for the awesome surgeons, doctors, nurses and technicians here at Duke; for Piper being well enough to get out of PICU; for the amazing outpouring of love, support and prayers from family, friends, and so many people that we have never even had the honor of meeting!  God is great, and we know He has Piper in his hands!

Tomorrow is a new day.  Hopefully we will sleep well enough tonight to enjoy it!  ;-)