Please Note

I am not a medical professional. I do not have any medical training. I am the mother of a little girl who has been diagnosed with Aniridia, Wilms Tumor, and Kidney Failure. I am writing about my experiences. I am not always going to be accurate with details, but I try to be as accurate as possible. Please do not use this information to diagnose or treat yourself or anyone else. Please consult with a trained medical professional for any treatment or diagnosis.

Search This Blog

Monday, June 13, 2011

Good Day Today

Today was a good day!  Piper was in a fair mood most of the day.  She ate food today for the first time since Tuesday night!  She had strawberry ice cream, some strawberry yogurt and some apple juice!  She had about 10 ml of fluid output today.  It is not typical urine because it is brownish, but they are calling it pee so that makes me happy!!!!!

She had dialysis again today.  The have decided to place a more permanent catheter for dialysis purposes.  It will be removed once she no longer needs dialysis.  This will be surgically placed Wednesday morning.  So, another Wednesday in the OR.

Her heart rate and blood pressure have stabilized.  She has been put on another blood pressure medication.  Hopefully all will go well this week, and we'll be able to move to a regular room soon.

Thank you to everyone who has been praying for us.  We know He is listening.  Please continue to pray that her urine output increases and that she will start feeling better!