Please Note

I am not a medical professional. I do not have any medical training. I am the mother of a little girl who has been diagnosed with Aniridia, Wilms Tumor, and Kidney Failure. I am writing about my experiences. I am not always going to be accurate with details, but I try to be as accurate as possible. Please do not use this information to diagnose or treat yourself or anyone else. Please consult with a trained medical professional for any treatment or diagnosis.

Search This Blog

Sunday, June 12, 2011

PICU Stinks!

We are all tired of being in the PICU.  I feel so bad for the families that spend months in there.  It has been quite a roller coaster!

Friday night and all day Saturday were very rough.  Piper cried almost the entire time.  We decided that she needed a mild sedative to calm her and help her to rest.  It worked wonders!  She rested last night and most of today.

Her blood pressure went up, so she is back on blood pressure medicine.  She drank some pedialyte tonight.  That was the first "food" she has had since Tuesday night.

In the past two days we have been able to remove 1 IV, 1 arterial line, cvp line, the braces to hold her arms straight, and the tube from her nose.  We are making progress!

Piper has also started pooing again.  This means her bowels are working again.  We are still waiting for her kidney to jump start and make some pee.  Please pray that Piper will pee soon!!