Please Note

I am not a medical professional. I do not have any medical training. I am the mother of a little girl who has been diagnosed with Aniridia, Wilms Tumor, and Kidney Failure. I am writing about my experiences. I am not always going to be accurate with details, but I try to be as accurate as possible. Please do not use this information to diagnose or treat yourself or anyone else. Please consult with a trained medical professional for any treatment or diagnosis.

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Praying For Pee

It has been a long day.  Piper still hasn't peed since surgery.  She has to pee to prove that her kidney is working properly.  Also, her heart rate has been raised all day.  She has been running a fever off and on, and she has been fighting a lot of pain.  They increased her pain meds tonight.  We hope if we minimize the pain, her heart rate will go down.  They have been pumping her full of fluids for the past 24 hours.  Unfortunately, her body doesn't know what to do with it all.  She is swollen from head to toe.  The worst part is that her abdomen is also swollen, and it is putting pressure on her incision.

Please pray that Piper pees.  I know it "sounds" silly, but it is very serious.  Thank you.