Please Note

I am not a medical professional. I do not have any medical training. I am the mother of a little girl who has been diagnosed with Aniridia, Wilms Tumor, and Kidney Failure. I am writing about my experiences. I am not always going to be accurate with details, but I try to be as accurate as possible. Please do not use this information to diagnose or treat yourself or anyone else. Please consult with a trained medical professional for any treatment or diagnosis.

Search This Blog

Friday, July 1, 2011

Where Did June Go?

I can't believe that it is already July!  I wonder if we'll get to see any fireworks from our hospital window?  That would be interesting!!

Yesterday was a wonderful day.  Piper did not have any tests or treatments.  We were blessed with 9 visitors between family and friends.  She was in a fairly good mood for most of the day too!

Today was a bit busier, but it was still a good day.  She had 3+ hours of dialysis, speech therapy visited to work on eating skills, and Daddy, Alec and Emma came to visit for a while.  Piper smiled a lot more today, and she even laughed a lot!!!  I took her outside for a walk, and she pointed to the flowers.  She seemed to really enjoy that!   She did get sick today, though.  I am guessing that that is nausea from chemo.  A little Zofran, and she was much better!  Hopefully she will sleep better tonight!