Please Note

I am not a medical professional. I do not have any medical training. I am the mother of a little girl who has been diagnosed with Aniridia, Wilms Tumor, and Kidney Failure. I am writing about my experiences. I am not always going to be accurate with details, but I try to be as accurate as possible. Please do not use this information to diagnose or treat yourself or anyone else. Please consult with a trained medical professional for any treatment or diagnosis.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

We're Still Here, But Not In PICU!

I just realized that my blog posts have not been publishing!  So, I will try to get everyone up to date.

We spent the weekend in PICU trying different medications to lower Piper's blood pressure.  We finally figured out the correct combination.  Her pressures have been staying in the one-teens and one-twenties.  That is good for her.  The dieticians have finally created a recipe for a formula.  She is still receiving the formula through the feeding tube.  We were moved out of PICU on Monday.  They moved us to the step down unit.  We were then moved to a regular room on Tuesday. 

She had dialysis on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.  Three days in a row was a bit much.  She typically will only have it every other day. 

This morning the dialysis machine pulled up to her room before she was even awake.  3+ hours later, she was done.  Next she had to have a needle and dressing change for her port.  Then the speech/language therapist came by.  Now she is getting some Zofran in preparation for her to start chemo again tonight.  She will only have chemo every 3 weeks for a total of 9 weeks or 3 times.  This regimen should be a lot easier on her than the prior.  We pray that she will be able to handle the dialysis and chemo together. 

We thank God for bringing her blood pressure down.  We pray that He will heal her kidney and that it will start working well.  We thank Him for the continued healing that He will do in Piper.