Please Note

I am not a medical professional. I do not have any medical training. I am the mother of a little girl who has been diagnosed with Aniridia, Wilms Tumor, and Kidney Failure. I am writing about my experiences. I am not always going to be accurate with details, but I try to be as accurate as possible. Please do not use this information to diagnose or treat yourself or anyone else. Please consult with a trained medical professional for any treatment or diagnosis.

Search This Blog

Friday, December 30, 2011

December Update

We recently had Piper's appointment at Duke to confirm if there was a hole in her PD (peritoneal dialysis) tubing or not.  The scans showed no leaks!!!  This is good news.  We still can't explain the bulge in her tummy, but the doctors aren't worried.  They just said to let them know if anything changed.  Her December nephrology appointment went well.  Her labs came back with good results.  We were told that we will start the transplant discussions in January.  There is still debate over when the "1 year cancer free" date is....  the nephrology team says June 8, but the oncology team says mid August.  For now, we go about our days, enjoying every moment we have with each other!  We praise God that we are all here to celebrate the holidays together and at home!