Please Note

I am not a medical professional. I do not have any medical training. I am the mother of a little girl who has been diagnosed with Aniridia, Wilms Tumor, and Kidney Failure. I am writing about my experiences. I am not always going to be accurate with details, but I try to be as accurate as possible. Please do not use this information to diagnose or treat yourself or anyone else. Please consult with a trained medical professional for any treatment or diagnosis.

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Piper's Visit with Dr. Rice

Piper had an appointment with Dr. Rice (her surgeon) yesterday.  Her nephrologist thought she had a small leak in her peritoneal dialysis catheter, but Dr. Rice couldn't tell from just looking at it yesterday, so they will look at it further when we go back in a few weeks.  They want to put a dye in her catheter and view it at Radiology.  So, we wait, and we pray that it doesn't get any worse.  It doesn't appear to be affecting the dialysis process, so I think it will be okay.