October was a tough month. We didn't receive the news that we were expecting from UNC. I really let it get me down for a week or two. I'm better now, though. We did a lot of talking and praying. We want to make sure we're making the right decisions for Piper and we're doing things because it's God's will, not just ours. We considered getting a second opinion. I started researching the insurance issues and the hospitals that our insurance company would approve of. I became quickly overwhelmed. I felt like I was spending every moment on the phone. I was trying to get the correct information out of the not so informative insurance company. I was battling with Duke billing. I was dealing with UNC billing. We are constantly having bills submitted incorrectly to the insurance companies, and it's a lot of work to convince the hospitals to resubmit them correctly. I was also juggling, of course, the housework, the laundry, the homeschooling, and all of the doctors appointments. Oh, and the holidays are coming.... = STRESS overload!
So, my wonderful husband and I made a decision. We're not going to seek a second opinion at this time. We are going to wait until December and let UNC redo Piper's scans. They will re-evaluate then, and we will re-evaluate then as well. For now, we are just going to relax and breathe. We're going to try to spend our days just being "normal". We've scheduled a vacation, and we're going to enjoy a relaxing holiday season.
We appreciate the continued prayers and support. I will post some new pictures soon!!!