Please Note

I am not a medical professional. I do not have any medical training. I am the mother of a little girl who has been diagnosed with Aniridia, Wilms Tumor, and Kidney Failure. I am writing about my experiences. I am not always going to be accurate with details, but I try to be as accurate as possible. Please do not use this information to diagnose or treat yourself or anyone else. Please consult with a trained medical professional for any treatment or diagnosis.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Meet with a Surgeon

A few weeks ago we explained our frustrations to Piper's nephrologist.  She advised that we meet with one of the surgeons to discuss further.  They have set up an appointment for us to meet with a surgeon on March 28.  I am not looking forward to this.  I feel like everyone we speak to at UNC is very biased, and they have no interest in the parents opinion.  I hope that this surgeon shocks me and actually listens.