Please Note

I am not a medical professional. I do not have any medical training. I am the mother of a little girl who has been diagnosed with Aniridia, Wilms Tumor, and Kidney Failure. I am writing about my experiences. I am not always going to be accurate with details, but I try to be as accurate as possible. Please do not use this information to diagnose or treat yourself or anyone else. Please consult with a trained medical professional for any treatment or diagnosis.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

3 Weeks To Go...

We have 3 weeks until our surgery date.  We're doing our best to prepare for everything that's going to happen.  I have been told that I will not be my energetic self for a couple of weeks after surgery.  I won't be able to do all of the things that I currently do each day so I'm doing as much as possible in advance.

We're stocking the freezer with lots of home made yummy meals and treats.  We have lasagnas, stuffed shells, burritos, waffles, muffins and a lot more to follow!  I've been spending a lot of time in the kitchen!

We're preparing the house.  Okay, more like I need to prepare the house.  I really need to give the whole house a good cleaning!  I have accomplished cleaning out the pantry.  It's always so pretty when it's clean and organized.  Hopefully it will last a month or two.  At least it is well stocked after my (oh so very expensive) trip to BJ's last week.

We're getting me ready.  I finally ordered a new pair of glasses.  I didn't realize that it had been 4 years since I've had new glasses!  I guess it just hasn't been a priority.  We've been a bit busy with other things.

We have a few more appointments to attend.  Piper has a dentist appointment, her monthly nephrology appointment and finally her pre-op appointment.  After next week we shouldn't have anywhere to go until surgery day!!!

We're preparing our hearts!  We've been doing a lot of praying.  Praying for our situation as well as others.  My uncle has been dealing with a lot of medical issues for the past couple of months and he had a big procedure done yesterday that will have a huge impact on his life.  I've received sad news about more than one child who is fighting or has lost their fight with cancer this past month.  There are a lot of things going on around us that remind us just how much we need God in our lives.  He is the one unshakeable, consistent, always loving source of hope.  It's nice to know that He can't be broken.

We have had a lot of friends that have asked if they could come and visit one time before surgery.  After a lot of prayer, I have decided that we won't be able to invite anyone into our home at this time.  We just received our flu shots last week.  They take a few weeks to work.  The flu and norovirus are spreading throughout Wake county right now, and we just can't risk getting sick.  I hope everyone understands why we have to make these decisions.  They're not easy.  We appreciate the love, support and prayers that are offered by our friends and family.  We look forward to a lot of celebrations, picnics and fun times in the future!!