Please Note

I am not a medical professional. I do not have any medical training. I am the mother of a little girl who has been diagnosed with Aniridia, Wilms Tumor, and Kidney Failure. I am writing about my experiences. I am not always going to be accurate with details, but I try to be as accurate as possible. Please do not use this information to diagnose or treat yourself or anyone else. Please consult with a trained medical professional for any treatment or diagnosis.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Getting Closer...

We're getting close to the big day.  Less than a week to go.  We're feeling very positive about things, and we know there are so many friends and family members praying for us.  I still feel like I have a ton to do before the big day.

Our freezer is pretty full at this point.  If nothing else, we will eat!

My sister is scheduled to arrive Saturday.  I'm super excited.  We don't get to see her much because she lives so far away.

Now I just need to make sure no one gets sick before Monday.  Every time someone sneezes, I get nervous.  We all deal with seasonal allergies, so there's always some sneezing going on around here...  I put humidifiers in the girls' rooms, and we rarely leave the house now.  If only they sold giant bubbles on Amazon to wrap the house in until then.  ;-)

We did get a surprising call yesterday.  It was from our pharmacy.  (We really love our pharmacy).  They called to chat with me about Piper's future medications.  They also wanted us to know that they keep a prayer box, and they will be praying for our family as we go through surgery and recovery.  Isn't that awesome?!?  I never imagined receiving such personal and caring service from a pharmacy!  God has really placed us with some amazing people.  Recently our pediatrician wanted to pray with us as well.  It's comforting to know that we're being covered with God's love and provision.

Hopefully my next post will be one of celebration.  Thank you to all of our friends and family for your love and support.