Please Note

I am not a medical professional. I do not have any medical training. I am the mother of a little girl who has been diagnosed with Aniridia, Wilms Tumor, and Kidney Failure. I am writing about my experiences. I am not always going to be accurate with details, but I try to be as accurate as possible. Please do not use this information to diagnose or treat yourself or anyone else. Please consult with a trained medical professional for any treatment or diagnosis.

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Surprise!

We received quite a surprise last night.  The nurse walked in our room around dinner time....  She said "You're going home!!!"..."Right Now!"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We were SO excited!  Piper was well enough to be released.  We packed our things and headed home right away!

We are home, and things are well.  Piper is so happy to be down on the floor playing with her sister!

I will post again later to let you know more information.  Right now we know that she will not have surgery on Friday.  We have our next clinic appt. on Tuesday.  We will find out in the next week if we are going to proceed with surgery soon or continue with another 6 weeks of chemo first.

...  and I have to add that I have an amazing husband.  When we left for the hospital on Saturday, I had just made chicken parmesan for dinner.  The kitchen was a mess!  I was soooo far behind on the laundry, and the house needed some serious attention!  I came home last night, and the laundry was all done.  The kitchen was clean, and the house looked great!  I Love my Husband!