Please Note

I am not a medical professional. I do not have any medical training. I am the mother of a little girl who has been diagnosed with Aniridia, Wilms Tumor, and Kidney Failure. I am writing about my experiences. I am not always going to be accurate with details, but I try to be as accurate as possible. Please do not use this information to diagnose or treat yourself or anyone else. Please consult with a trained medical professional for any treatment or diagnosis.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wednesday

We did not receive the best news this morning.  Piper's ANC was down to 129.  She has still been energetic, but a bit irritable.  Her platelets were up a little too, but still not where they need to be.  She did not eat or drink well today at all.  The Dr.s still say we have to just stay here and wait it out until her counts are on the rise.

We have made a few friends during our stay this week.  There are some amazing kids here, and they each have an amazing story.  Surprisingly, they are very happy kids too!  There are a lot of smiling faces walking around these halls dragging their IV pumps behind them.  There is a lot of laughter here too!  It's not a fun atmosphere every day, but God has definitely prepared these kids to deal with what they are facing.

Praying we all sleep well tonight!